Skip to main content

Day 9 100 miles down and a new county (Devon). Rising Sun Inn (Altarnum) to Lifton (just past Launceston).

 

Already ahead of schedule, I dropped Garry back at the Rising Star Inn (closed on Mondays unfortunately!) and I drove onto Launceston to park.      

I walked to meet Garry on the lanes as he walked towards me. 



We had a well deserved coffee and cake break in Launceston.


I said goodbye to Garry as he continued walking towards Lifton on the Two Castles Trail.

Garry walked passed Launceston Rugby Club.

And finally we reach Devon on the other side of the Tamar.


We're having an unplanned Rest Day tomorrow as Garry has walked ahead of schedule and I've got a Rock Choir session booked in Saltash tomorrow morning. Maybe a wander around Plymouth after Rock Choir to visit some old haunts from when I was at Plymouth Polytechnic!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  A month after our return, we look back at the perceived simplicity of life during the walk. Walking, eating, sleeping and enjoying our ever-changing surroundings.  Would we recommend it? You bet we would!

Day 86 Nybster to John o'Groats (The final day!)

                                                      Lands End to John o'Groats complete! Winding back to yesterday evening, Garry and I had a stroll around Wick harbour.        Much later in the evening, a surprise visitor, Will, arrived in Wick after 15 hours of train travel from London. I've never seen Garry so surprised! A later night than originally planned before the final walking day! This morning, I dropped Garry and Will at Nybster where they began walking northwards along the A99. Me and Alfie headed to park up at John o'Groats.       We met in John O'Groats village and walked together to Duncansby Head, which is the true north easterly point of mainland UK, with some incredible sea stacks. It was pretty windy there!        From Duncansby Head, we walked back towards John O'Groats vil...

One week to go...

We have one week to go before we start walking so we have started thinking about packing the essentials. Compead plasters and comfy worn in walking shoes has been the major advice. This week there have been doubts creeping in. 'Can we really do this?' However,  Garry spoke with his postie friends at cricket this week who have reassured him that a day's walking is all in a day's work for them, carrying a bag up to 10kg over their shoulder. So we're perfectly reassured now! We've had some walks these last few weeks with and without friends.            Also we've practised eating  some extra carbs (although I'm not sure cakes are the best sort of carb to be eating!   We welcome any more tips....